Debbie I Heart YA Books's Reviews > Raven

Raven by Allison van Diepen

Apr 17, 2011

I enjoyed reading this book. It was a beautiful love story. I have to say, this is definitely a very different Paranormal than I’ve ever read. Never read a story that involved break dancers. But Van Diepen has created wonderful characters. Raven is a strong, level headed girl. Her brother Josh is addict to meth, which gives her mom and dad a lot of heart ache, and this in return causes stress in her family. Zin, who is a part of the break dance group called the Toprocks (which Raven also dances in), is the male love interest. Raven starts working at the same club Zin bartends at, and also where they have dance battles with other break dancers. Raven falls for Zin, but he keeps her at distant. Zin keeps his true identity a secret from Raven. Carlo, the club owner where Zin and Raven work, has his own plans for Raven. And Zin is against these plans. This book has an amazing plot and has a very unique ending. Never seen it done in a paranormal book like this. And I love it, and highly recommend Raven as must read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raven.