Amelia's Reviews > The Wizard Heir

The Wizard Heir by Cinda Williams Chima

Originally posted on The Authoress: Book Review and More.

Could it possibly be? Say what? More enjoyable that The Warrior Heir? Whoa.

I could really see an improvement in Chima’s writing style here. Gone away are the awkward, brittle descriptive actions and instead more emotion is present to back up the prose. I really got into the characters—and was especially glad when I saw the return of most, if not all, of the characters from The Warrior Heir. Chima’s action-packed, intrigue ridden plots keep me riveted from start to finish.

I liked the main character, Seph. He was just a relatable character that had been through hell and back and was still likeable. Sometimes his style of thought and action reminded me a bit of Jack (from The Warrior Heir), but it was subtle and makes sense if you think about it. I mean, they’re boys.

The romance was a bit sudden, but I liked the girl. Her nastiness actually came off pretty well—stubbornness instead of rudeness. I cheered for her all the way. I wish the romance had been set up differently, because it didn’t seem convincing on Seph’s part.

The conclusion? Brilliant. Talk about a fight scene! It was easy to picture and it wasn’t forced—quite clever, too, by how it ended. The plot twist had me reeling!

I love how Cinda Williams Chima writes. She just has this style that works for me as a reader. Her stories are brilliant and her characters are memorable. I love sitting down to a Cinda Williams Chima book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wizard Heir.

06/21/2011 page 57