Katie(babs)'s Reviews > Hollywood Spank

Hollywood Spank by Shoshanna Evers

Apr 23, 11

The reason I picked up Hollywood Spank is because of the title. I did a combination groan and chuckle over it, and after reading the blurb about a big Hollywood actor who’s into spanking, I thought this would be a nice little steamy BDSM erotic romance. Unfortunately, Hollywood Spank is ridiculous and not cute or naughty in regards to the romances I’ve read where there’s a case of a dominant/submissive relationship between the two main characters. If an author is going to have BDSM as a main storyline, even with something as simple as spanking, they really should do some sort of research on the topic. I found none whatsoever in Hollywood Spank. And what’s worse, the spanking wasn’t titillating or sensual in any shape or form.

Andrea wants to be taken seriously as a reporter, but is a lowly secretary to an oily tabloid publisher. When she answers an ad for a personal assistant online she never thought it would be for leading man, Mark Cannon. Mark can’t keep an assistant because one of the job requirements for the position is to be spanked by him. Why? There’s really no reason given, other than he gets off on it. Andrea lies and says she has experience in BDSM and spanking. She’s hired. Not only does she give Mark his coffee and pick up his dry cleaning, but she’ll bend over, lifted her skirt and allow Mark to give her some bottom abuse. She finds out she enjoys it and soon Mark is falling for her. His spanking leads them to more intimate pursuits. But Mark has no idea about Andrea’s job with the tabloid and her boss who lurks around expecting her to expose Mark with every tawdry detail of their relationship.

Even with my issues with the inane spanking, there was absolutely no sexual connection between Mark and Andrea. These two are dull together. I even yawned during one love scene. The sex was more than underwhelming, and because of that, I couldn’t finish this sloppy and stale romance. This one was DOA (dead on arrival). An interesting concept that fails big time in the delivery.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hollywood Spank.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Katie(babs) Teddypig wrote: "You made me laugh. Damn it!"

I dare you to read this one. The reason I picked it up because of the spanking. Let's just say the spanking was ridiculous.