Kelly Cordes's Reviews > Mermaid: A Twist on the Classic Tale

Mermaid by Carolyn Turgeon

Apr 17, 11

This book struck me with the cover. It is simply a beautiful looking book. I was excited to read this book since I'm such a huge Little Mermaid fan. It is not the usual book I would read since I prefer dystopian novels but this one was calling to me.
I felt it painted a beautiful picture in it's descriptions. I could feel the water, see the sky and breathe the salty air.
Mermaid is not a love story. It is a lust story. The two characters in this story spoke of a love that they simply could not possibly feel. The prince should have been developed more. He wasn't even a side character. He was a nothing character; one they talked about loving but they really knew nothing about him. They loved what he could bring for them not who he was. I really needed to see what there was to love about this prince.
I liked the ending fine. It wasn't the ending I expected or secretly wanted but it wrapped up nicely with a clear idea of what the author wanted to leave us with. I did have a couple questions at the end though. :-/
Overall I'd recommend this to a friend.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mermaid.