Michelle B's Reviews > Life in Fusion

Life in Fusion by Ethan Day

Apr 19, 11

Read in April, 2011

I'll perform a life-saving shortcut and say up front that I read the slurpy treat that was Sno Ho first before being compelled to jump into Life in Fusion.

The dialogue in Sno Ho is wonderfully crisp and fleshes out the persona of Boone much more effectively than telling us what he is like. As the narrator, Boone's a very likeable guy who makes you hope for his success. I adored that he is concerned about falling HOH with Wade after only a week. His decisions prove he has a head on his beautiful, sarcastic, self-protective, teasing shoulders. I'm certain I would love meeting Boone=just too bad he's a figment of Mr. Day's imagination. boo-hoo

After enjoying the sunny, fluffy treat that was Sno Ho (although I doubt the author felt it was fluffy--takes alot to get that voice to come out unforced and still funny)couldn't wait to jump directly into Life in Fusion. (this author has some different book titles--a least I haven't run across one from him with the word 'Promises' in it, so points for that!)

And, I wasn't disappointed. The continuation of their love story is everything you are looking for in a romance novel, with just enough mild M/M time and the necessary surrender by Hero that all good romance must provide. The Hero and the Hero here seem genuinely ready for love (early to mid thirties,) and the reasons given for them finding each other and deciding to try for forever are plausible.

Many of the secondary charactes are by turns hilarous (Boone's parent's scenes are impossible not to relish) or touching (Elizabeth, Philip, for example.) I didn't tire of them, or the sci-fi story that began each new section. (but then again, I love Sci/Fi)

One of the secondary characters begins a romance at the end of the book. I'm hoping/guessing Mr. Day will decide to produce another book in this series that lets us see how B/W are doing while giving this other character a chance at love as well.

Will definitely recommend this author as talented, amusing, good storyteller, and writer of twitch-happy characters while imbuing them with realistic, charming voices.

Thanks to the author for sharing his gift with us.

Michelle
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life in Fusion.