Jenn's Reviews > The Siren

The Siren by Tiffany Reisz

Apr 16, 11

Recommended for: Everyone.
Read from May 03 to 06, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

What do I think. My dear Tiffany this is a painfully beautiful book. I'm lucky enough to have read a certain scene from this book last summer for the Denver Lady Jane's salon, and have been waiting with baited breath ever since, through release dates being moved back and forth and all the rest. But my dear Tiffany, it was worth every minute of that wait.

This book brought tears to my eyes. More than once, more than twice, and I know they'll come again before the day is out. Though I have finished reading, I will not leave this book behind, and Nora will be dear to me forever.

You have created an amazingly damaged woman, and while we are talking BDSM, it's not that part of her that's damaged. She is me, she is you, she is every girl out there with questions and worries. Will he? Won't he? Does he? Can he? She suffers profoundly in the wish to be someone she isn't for the love of another, but it is in her strength and conviction about who she is that we find her true soul.

The journey is a lesson, a profound and powerful lesson. One to be learned and savored, for our beautiful Nora, she is much stronger than you and I, she is much more loving and bright and caring than I have ever chosen to be particularly when I wanted something as badly as she wants.

Tiffany, I want my daughters to know Nora's story someday. You make me want to be braver and more everything. You inspire me to be a better woman.

This is a beautiful book. It is one of the most powerful stories of love I've read. And will be one of my forever books.

I think this goes without saying, but since it's how all my reviews end...

I did not, at any time want to throw my ipad across the room, there was no eye-rolling, and no WTFckry whatsoever. The cover is beautiful...but I was quite fond of the other... Is that a complaint? It's important to be well balanced in a review ;)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Siren.