Karen White's Reviews > The Four Ms. Bradwells

The Four Ms. Bradwells by Meg Waite Clayton

Apr 16, 2011

bookshelves: narrated-or-to-narrate
Read in January, 2011

I loved a lot of things about this book and was honored to have been able to do the narration for the audio. I was reading Gail Collins' When Everything ChangedWhen Everything Changed: The Amazing Journey of American Women from 1960 to the Present at the same time which put a lot of the history in this fiction in context. I loved the changing of perspectives between the four women, the truth and depth of their (sometimes difficult) friendships. I felt the moral and ethical issues through their struggles and pain. These characters were about ten years older than I am and it was really interesting to experience the world through their eyes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Four Ms. Bradwells.

Mom Taxi Julie You did a good job with the voices of the different characters :)

Karen White Julie wrote: "You did a good job with the voices of the different characters :)"

Thank you! I worked hard to keep them clear, but it was a challenging one, as they are all the same age, all educated. I also took a risk with this by attempting to differentiate the narration as well, since it is in the first person (with Meg's blessing). So glad you thought it worked. What a lovely book, huh?

Jami Collier I really enjoyed Wed Sisters, but I just couldn't get into this one

Karen White Some people have had generational problems with it. That is, it connects more to their mom's generation. She's writing a Wednesday Daughters I think!

Jami Collier HOPE SO