jD's Reviews > The Darkest Seduction

The Darkest Seduction by Gena Showalter

I loved everything about this book! I feel this is the best one of the series.

So we begin with Paris still looking for Sienna. Cronus still has her hidden in some double-secret realm. Sienna is still dead and now merged with the demon Wrath. Paris's journey leads him to dig deep into his darkness which is distrubing and graphic.

For me this book was less about Paris and Sienna than about the other Lords, Lovers, Hunters, and Angels. There are a slew of new characters and plots within plots. Everyone is on deck and facing some sort of drama. I loved it!

Ms. Showalter seems to have no bounds to her imagination. It's not just the demons she creates but it's also about the personalities and character traits she bestows upon them. I laughed out loud so many times. There is plenty of action and revelations. The ending has a battle royale that changes everything.

I can't say more without spoilers. If you love William (which I do), you will get your full. The cryptic angels go to another level and have spun off a series callled Angles of the Dark. I can't wait for that one. Galen's obsession with Legion is an eye opener. I had forgotten they hooked up in one of the previous books. I am still hopeful that Torin, keeper of Diseasse, will find someone. I don't know how but he so sweet and alone. Love Him. The Four Horsemen make an appearance which makes me think I need to read that series. I thought it was YA so I wasn't even curious. I am now.

Bottomline -- all of five stars. I couldn't find fault if I was paid to do it. Thanks Ms. Showalter for keeping one of my favorite series fresh and unpredictable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Seduction.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. I'm only on part 3, but I'm thrilled that the series is still going strong with its ninth book! Great review.

message 2: by jD (new) - rated it 5 stars

jD I didn't take note of the fact this was number 9. Wow. I know there is at least one novella out there about the angle and the Harpie. I don't read those but I know they count.