Franco's Reviews > El cuarto oscuro de Damocles

El cuarto oscuro de Damocles by Willem Frederik Hermans

Dec 27, 2011

did not like it
Read from November 25 to December 27, 2011 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** The main character was too unpredictable. The book starts with a very pushover attitude, and a couple of chapters later he's this brave, corageous patriotic. Absolutely inconsistent and definately unreliable. Also, I would have liked to be told in a better way when 4 years went by! From one line to the other, he had been in prison for 4 years! You had to be very on the alert to spot this things (and I am not an attentive reader).
Another annoying thing was the length of the chapters! I am an organized reader, that is, I go to sleep, and I read one chapter, I wake up, I read another. But with this book, I had to necessarily browse the chapter I was about to read because some were of only 2 pages and others of 20! Maybe it's not something that will add to the book itself, but I hated it.

By the end of the book, it got just a little bit interesting, but still... it deserves one star!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read El cuarto oscuro de Damocles.

11/28/2011 page 78