Patty's Reviews > The Breath of God: A Novel of Suspense

The Breath of God by Jeffrey Small

Apr 16, 11

This was a page turner! From the very first sentence to very last word this book kept me captivated. It's a combination of religious/mystery/historical/modern day thriller and I found it to be just about unputdownable. The premise of the tale, that Jesus traveled to India and Tibet during the 18 years unaccounted for in the Bible, was first postulated by Nicolas Notovitch. Known there as St. Issa His teachings are remarkably similar to what He taught in Jerusalem.

I had read previously and in passing just recently about this time in Jesus' life so it was very interesting to have a second book with this information as a topic. In this tale the revelation of the existence of the Issa journals would, of course, cause a crisis of faith and its publication must be stopped at all costs.

Grant Matthews, our hero, is searching for the manuscripts to complete his dissertation. No one believes in him or the journals. But he has absolute faith. He finds himself pitched against an unknown enemy determined to discredit him and keep him from revealing the truth he has found.
At any cost. The secondary force behind that enemy comes as shock to both Grant and the reader.

The descriptions of place are so well written I almost felt like I was actually there. The thriller aspect had me racing through the pages to find out what was going to happen next. Overall this was a fascinating tale of what can lurk behind blind faith and what is possible if you open your mind.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Breath of God.