Carly's Reviews > The Treasure Map of Boys: Noel, Jackson, Finn, Hutch, Gideon—and me, Ruby Oliver

The Treasure Map of Boys by E. Lockhart

3196761
Apr 16, 2011

bookshelves: reviewed

Yay for Ruby Oliver! I am such a massive fan of this series. E. Lockhart is a genius when it comes to contemporary YA and I've just finished ordering the rest of her backlist to complete my collection. I've fallen in love with every one of her novels that I've read so far and The Treasure Map of Boys is absolutely no exception. This is another fantastic installment in the Ruby Oliver series.

Ah, Ruby. She's pretty close to the top of my list of my favourite YA characters of all time. I love this girl - I want to be her friend, damn it. Lockhart brings her to life through so many little details that come together to make Ruby whole. I love the lists that she writes throughout the novel and her voice is perfect - completely realistic for a teenage but still managing to be unique.

I've written quite a lot lately about how frustrated I get with writers who go out of their way to make their characters 'quirky' and 'edgy' (and fail, more often than not) - to any writers who are looking to create one of a kind characters who are still likable, take a lesson from E. Lockhart. Ruby and co are just brilliant, definitely my favourite ensemble cast in any YA series. Noel - don't even get me started. All I have to say is that if Ruby doesn't end up with him at the end of the series I'm going to throw things.

The book, as with all of the series, is just a joy to read. I got through this one in a single sitting but wished it had gone on a little longer - it's not that the story wasn't great, because I think Lockhart ended the book at just the right time, I just didn't want to have to wait until Real Live Boyfriends gets delivered!

I geuinely have nothing bad to say about The Treasure Map of Boys. If you enjoyed The Boyfriend List and The Boy Book then you already know you'll love it. Each book in the series is better than the last so give The Treasure Map of Boys a look, I absolutely guarantee you will fall in love!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Treasure Map of Boys.