Karen's Reviews > The Welcome Home Garden Club

The Welcome Home Garden Club by Lori Wilde

Apr 16, 11

Recommended for: Everyone!
Read on April 07, 2011, read count: 1

This is the fourth book in the Twilight, Texas series and the first I have read. I found so much to like about this story. Caitlyn (the daughter of the town judge) and Gideon (the illegitimate son of the town’s wealthiest man) are very believable, as is their history and their parent’s conspiracy to keep them apart by giving Gideon a choice of jail or the military. Eight years later, Gideon comes home when his father dies. He lost his arm in the service of his country and has had a lot of adjustments to make. Now he learns that his father has finally, through his death, acknowledged Gideon as his son. He also finds his feelings for Caitlyn have not changed, nor hers for him. There’s also a little boy – could it be his? Woven into this love story is a town’s desire to honor the men and women of the military coming home. How better than with a garden that will provide a place where they can rest and find peace? But even this does not turn out as expected. I live in Texas and it added a little something extra to be able to visualize the places mentioned. I found myself engrossed in the story and read it in one sitting. I loved how the story developed; I’ll be reading the first three books in this series and keeping an eye out for Ms. Wilde’s next book. The Welcome Home Garden Club is a feel-good love story and a very satisfying read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Welcome Home Garden Club.