Jen's Reviews > Shift

4919502
Apr 16, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read on April 16, 2011

What a great rid this debut was from Jennifer Bradbury. "Shift" is the story of best friends Chris and Win, two high school graduates who decide to bike from West Virginia to Seattle during the summer before they start college. They end up fighting and stop riding together. Chris ends up in Seattle alone, heads on and starts college. He thinks Win did the same...but Win never made it home. This book takes us back on their journey and tries to answer the question - what happened to Win?

Bradbury's characters are completely realistic. I felt and believed in the relationship between Chris and Win. The way they interacted together was exactly how I'd picture two friends making a journey like this to be.

This book takes on the concept of trying to be who others expect you to be and this journey of Chris and Win changes them and allows them to prove to themselves, and each other, that they're more than everybody thought they could be and once you realize that, you can't go back to where you started. You owe it to yourself to be more. One journey ends and another begins in this totally believable, fantastically engrossing novel that will keep you involved until the very end.

Highly recommended, I look forward to more by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shift.