Amber's Reviews > The Finding

The Finding by Nicky Charles

Apr 26, 11

bookshelves: ebook-own
Read from April 21 to 25, 2011

This was a whopper of a book and well worth the time reading it. The Finding, is the 3rd book in the Law of the Lycans series by Nicky Charles. This book picks up where #2 left off. I love the fact that the author pulled in all the couples and characters from the other books and wrapped them up in The Finding. I don't think it would have been as complete without them.

Cassandra Greyson had witnessed her Uncle being shot, his lawyer being attacked by a werewolf and before that happened heard her uncle say that she was one as well. This was all too much for the young Cassandra who has lived a VERY protected and sheltered life. Upon her escape she finds herself in an alley alone, cold and scared. Entering, Kellen Andersen, whom understands hard times and the need to start fresh. Kellen and Cassandra (aka Sandy)head out to start a life hidden amongst normal everyday people.

Kellen has a gambling problem, so living in Sin City is like dangling candy in front of kid. Needless to say he ends up causing more problems and bringing forth attention from the wrong people. Cassandra has done everything she can to keep a low profile and trying to figure out who she really is. She has no idea how many people want to get to her. Problems arise that are out of her control and it makes her confused and frustrated. She doesn't understand and is lacking the knowledge due to her upbringing. She can't talk to Kellen about what is going on with her because there is an ancient werewolf law, known as the Keeping, dictated that any human who discovered their secret existance faced possible extermination, which makes it all the more frustrating for Cassandra.

There are so many pieces to this story that all weave together perfectly. There is action, suspense, "mating", scandal, romance and so much more. I just loved this book! Like I said before, it is pretty thick, but well worth the time! This was a free E-Book from Barnes and Nobles! I can't do this review justice because there is just so much to it. I would recommend reading this series. It was a great story that kept me captivated.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Finding.

04/22/2011 "wow, this is a long one, but it's good so far.."
04/25/2011 "Long ebook...1120 pages! on 790!"
04/25/2011 "okay so 870 pages into this whopper of an E-Book and I am still loving it! Free E-book thanks to Barnes and Nobles! Gotta Love the Nook~!" 20 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nomes (new)

Nomes lol~ love your mini review ;)

Amber It took me hours to write LOL. I figure after I get the kids to bed I can get it done. ~keeping fingers crossed~

message 3: by Nomes (new)

Nomes haha. it has a great kind of rhythm to it ~ those three little statements.

good luck getting your kids in bed. it's 10am here and i only just got up ~ my kids are eating chocolate and watching a movie. i deserve some kind of mum award, haha.

i will go and pay them some attention soon (and hide the rest of their eggs...)

Amber It's 8:30 pm Monday here. I wanna be one of your kids, I wanna watch a movie and eat chocolate too! Lol.

message 5: by Nic (new)

Nic What Amber said ^^

message 6: by Nomes (new)

Nomes me too ^^

sigh...

message 7: by Kamryn (new)

Kamryn hi mom

message 8: by Nomes (new)

Nomes LOL @ the hi mum.

classic!

Amber Nomes wrote: "LOL @ the hi mum.

classic!"