Dan's Reviews > Hamlet's BlackBerry: A Practical Philosophy for Building a Good Life in the Digital Age

Hamlet's BlackBerry by William  Powers

Apr 16, 2011

liked it
Read from April 28 to May 10, 2011

This book is good food for thought. It's not exceptionally written, nor does it give you any profound ideas. Really all it does is remind the reader that every life requires balance, and that balance can be achieved through disconnection from technology from time to time. The author uses some interesting examples, including the conversation between Socrates & Phaedrus, to highlight other people in history who had the same problems 21st century techno users have.

If you use technology a lot and want a little food for thought, pick it up and give it a read. Like I said, there's really nothing new here and nothing profound, but it makes you think about how you approach technology and how technology might affect your life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hamlet's BlackBerry.

message 1: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey I've started reading this recently too! It's a really interesting premise!

message 2: by Dan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dan I'm excited about it. I read a great article in the NYT in which this author spoke about our inability to pull away from our devices. When I found out he had written this book, I had to put it on the to-read list.