Leah's Reviews > Green: The Beginning and the End

Green by Ted Dekker

Apr 16, 2011

it was ok
Read in April, 2011

I may have rated this book a bit higher if I had read it closer to the time that I finished The Circle Trilogy. I was scrambling to remember who was who and had a hard time justifying the use of my free time on Dekker’s darkness, well, not necessarily his darkness, but reading about the darkness of the human heart and what that may look like at the end of time.

On the flip side, I loved Thomas’ love for his wife and the reminder of what Christ’s love for the church looks like. Discovering what became of Kara and Monica was worth the read, although I think I could have guessed what how they had spent their time in our world. Billy and Janae (Was that her name? I gave my book away and can’t google the answer.) were total “creepers”, but I suppose that’s what people look/act like without love.

I highly suggest that others read this book AFTER the Circle Trilogy and not before, even though it is both the beginning and the end. Doing so will help readers make much more sense of what’s going on.

Despite this two star review, I intend to read the Book of Histories Chronicles at some point.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Green.