Steph Su's Reviews > A Lot like Love

A Lot like Love by Julie James

2010935
Jan 11, 12

Read in July, 2011

Mmm unfortunately not a fave. The sexytimes came on too fast, too strong, and I didn't really feel the development of interest between the main characters (what were their names again?). Plus, with such a tense premise (using a citizen in an undercover FBI operation! pretending to be someone else while lives are at stake!), there was disappointingly little danger throughout the story. Again, my biggest qualm with Julie James' books comes through: her books star lawyers and FBI agents, but they feel more like attractive careers to give the characters rather than developing them to be their actual lifestyles.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lot like Love.

message 1: by Nomes (last edited Aug 13, 2011 04:25AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nomes oh i felt the same way :/

and it was befuddling as i only got this book as a guilty pleasure-kinda-read and didn't even have high expectations but the whole thing was O.o

(lame comment. too tired to say what i mean articulately (i think i reviewed it on here?)

Steph Su Just read your review and yep, you said it a lot better than me there. Fortunately I still have Practice Makes Perfect to read so maybe I have things to look forward to! :)

message 3: by Capsguy (new)

Capsguy But that's how most sexytimes happen. Fast.