Susie's Reviews > Blood Lure

Blood Lure by Nevada Barr

Apr 16, 2011

it was ok

** spoiler alert ** This is one of the Anna Pigeon series set in U.S. National Parks. Anna is law enforcement in the park system and moves all over the country helping to solve various cases. This allows Barr to have the various national park settings, so a sense of place is important as well as Anna's character, 50ish, widowed and tough. I liked her character. I listened to this as an audiobook, and found it a little tedious. I wondered if reading would have been more enjoyable. I think this would appeal to both sexes but the fact that Anna is a capable middle-aged woman has a specific appeal to that demographic, I think. This particular story was about a formerly captive grizzly that had been release to the wild in Glacier National Park, and the young teen boy who is trying to protect him from the former "keeper" who is trying to sell the grizzly to be hunted in Canada. Anna is there working with Joan a grizzly researcher and a teen intern, Rory, whose stepmother and father are camping while he works. One night the grizzly attacks their camp and attacks Rory's stepmother who is killed. The teen who has followed the grizzly tries to cover up the killing with a grisly effort of his own, which starts the mystery. By the time we got to the end, I just wanted to finish.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Lure.