Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids's Reviews > Bless This Mouse

Apr 16, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2011-release, arcs-i-own, mundie-kids-reviews
Read in June, 2011

Bless This Mouse is a cute, fun read that young animal lovers will enjoy as they go on an adventure and get to know Hildegarde, the church mouse. Hildegarde is a leader of a colony of mice who live in St. Bartholowmew's church and having been spotted one too many by the members of the congregation, they are in danger of extermination. Luckily Hildegarde is not only courageous, but she's also smart and will do whatever she can to protect the her group from the dangers that surround them both inside the church and outside.

I think younger readers will really enjoy getting a glimpse inside the world of mice, and the imaginative approach on seeing them act like humans. There's danger, friendship, and adventure through out the story that will hold the attention of readers until the very end. Though the advance copy I read had only a few illustrations in it, I think the final copy with all it's illustrations will be appealing to readers as well. This is story that can be read young readers, as well as out loud as a family or in the class room setting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bless This Mouse.