Bunny's Reviews > Bitter Frost

Apr 19, 11

bookshelves: in_my_library
Recommended for: kids
Read from April 18 to 19, 2011 — I own a copy

Not to be nitpicky, but I found the sentence structure to be a little annoying as well. Lots of -- in sentences as well as a third ". I don't know if it was intentional or missed by the proof people but there are also several "double space" and even "triple space" in some spots making the print very blocky.

The story is a good story idea, I just don't feel it is executed well in this book. The book would be good for maybe a 6th or 7th grader (*there is kissing, but I think it's ok for that age range.*)

I don't know, maybe I'm just bitchy today, but I expected more.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bitter Frost.

04/18/2011 page 1
04/18/2011 page 27
11.0% "hmmm... hope it gets better...(?)"
04/18/2011 page 120
51.0% "Oh, I think this is more of a "middle grade" book, not YA. The writing is very, umm. Well, not advanced enough to be YA. LOL.... It's not bad, just not what I had expected."
04/19/2011 page 236
100.0% "meh. So, this book just ENDS at 196 pages. Actually it says "Breena, Kian and Logan's story continues in Book 2". No character building, and then no climax? And then like a 40 page excerpt from a totally unrelated book is included? What book does that?"

message 1: by Em (new) - rated it 1 star

Em I was wondering about the random "
But it was definately very sloppily-written.