Jennie's Reviews > Pandemonium

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Jan 14, 12

bookshelves: 2012, so-so, i-don-t-want-to-die-this-way
Read from January 11 to 14, 2012, read count: 1

The follow-up to Delirium is a solid story but it didn't approach the same excitement I felt when I read Delirium. For me, I felt like Lena was a more interesting character when she was still among the cured and fighting her emotions. I couldn't get into her mind in this one.

I enjoyed the majority of the new characters, but I just couldn't latch onto any of them.

I liked the world of the Wilds. It felt authentic. I'm glad there were deaths and hardship to keep it realistic.

I predicted the ending about a third of the way into the book. I think that's what left a bad taste in my mouth: the plot points were too obvious.

All-in-all, a good follow-up. I'm eager to read the conclusion but (view spoiler) .

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pandemonium.

01/12/2012
01/14/2012
72.0% "I am enjoying this book but I feel like it's missing something." 3 comments
show 3 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sunshiny Me yet another reminder of how fweird i am. cuz i thought this was awesome LOL

Jennie Sunshiny wrote: "yet another reminder of how fweird i am. cuz i thought this was awesome LOL"

Nah. My friend is ready to drive north and smack me around for not being more enthused. I just love how books bring out the emotions!