Jessica at Book Sake's Reviews > Dead Is Not An Option

Dead Is Not An Option by Marlene Perez

May 09, 11

Read from April 16 to 18, 2011

I’m a fan of the “Dead Is” series and each individual book’s quick read pacing. This is definitely a beach read for those of us that like our books a little darker. This is book 5 of the series and while I wouldn’t recommend reading it without having read the other 4 books, it is possible to understand everything that is going on in this one on its own. The other books just make for a more complete picture, as most in a series will do. Dead is Not an Option isn’t my favorite in the series as I found the mystery portion to be lacking a bit. Everything was solved too quickly and some things that should have been more emotional in the story just weren’t. The story line felt rushed and not as fresh and captivating as the others. Most of the characters were the same characters I’ve come to love reading about, but many of my favorites had smaller parts this time. I will continue to keep reading the series (there are two spinoff’s planned) as I love the little town these characters inhabit.

Book Rating: 3/5
Book Received From: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt for Review
Reviewer: Jessica for http://booksake.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Is Not An Option.