Virginia's Reviews > Astonishing X-Men Deluxe Hardcover Volume 1

Apr 15, 11

bookshelves: graphic-novel, read-2011
Recommended to Virginia by: Wil Wheaton
Read on April 14, 2011

Whedon shows off his signature snappy dialog and grasp of characters. Although this graphic novel features more X-men that I am unfamiliar with (Emma Frost, and Shadowcat) and X-men that I can't stand (I'm looking at you, Cyclops!!), I did enjoy the story and artwork.

Everything is very fast-paced and I pretty much devoured the whole thing. I'm working on Vol. 3 right now and will get Vol. 4 at the library tomorrow. This sort of thing always makes me forget how long the wait with graphic novels is usually. It would take at least two years for the whole story to unfold. Maddening!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Astonishing X-Men Deluxe Hardcover Volume 1.

message 1: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Shadowcat was always my favorite when I was young. I think it was because it was fun to see a young, female superhero. Although her powers are rather weak, lol.

message 2: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah oh, and is Shadowcat together with Colossus in this series?

Virginia YES! (Well, kinda. haha. You'll see.) I totally thought of you when I saw her - and she's a pretty major player in this series so I think you'd like it!

message 4: by Sarah (new) - added it