Dawn 's Reviews > The Exiled Queen

The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima

Apr 15, 11

I did not realize that this series wasn't finished - I HATE waiting for books. Grrr.

I am captivated by this story. The characters are very realistic. The plot is exciting, the setting is intriguing and I can't wait for the next book (why did I start this series?) The magic mingled with the class systems is really great and the relationships are so well developed. It's almost magical (ha ha ha.)

The reasons I only gave this book 4 stars: first, the majority of the setting is at a magic school with an irritable teacher, you just can't help but draw the Harry Potter connection. Second, the plot didn't move as far as I would have liked. Last, the climax of the conflict was relatively small. I realize that as part of a series, this book is only part of the overall conflict but I still felt like there could have been more in this book. Not to mention, this book ends with a HUGE cliff-hanger. Oh wait, that is probably a good thing - keep the reader interested and all that.

The worst news... this is a FOUR book series! So even though book 3 comes out in August, I have to wait for the conclusion, Grrr.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Exiled Queen.