Lauren Murphy's Reviews > Upside Down, Inside Out

Upside Down, Inside Out by Monica McInerney

Apr 29, 11

bookshelves: aussie-author, romance
Read on April 15, 2011

I always love a Monica McInerney read. In Upside Down Inside Out, Eva Kennedy leaves behind her mundane life inIreland to have some fun with her friend inAustralia. McInerney is obviously blessed to be familiar with both countries and call both home. So she is able to show how Eva experiencesAustralia as a traveller but not in an overly stereotypical way. It’s interesting how the voice of Eva and Joseph are integrated throughout the story and I couldn’t wait for their paths to cross- despite its predictability, I am a sucker for romance and happy endings. As a McInerney fan I especially appreciated the little references to characters in another novel, A Taste For It (see my review)- although they are both standalone novels, it made me smile as I felt as though Iwas in on some private joke with the author herself. Eva’s persona is definitely entertaining and a little cringe-worthy at times where I was wondering when they would both finally just tell each other the truth! As always, McInerney provides an easy read, with likeable, well-developed characters and interesting storylines.

View this review at my blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Upside Down, Inside Out.