Paris's Reviews > Dancing with the Devil

Dancing with the Devil by Keri Arthur

Mar 23, 2014

liked it
bookshelves: pnr, must-read-author, must-read-series, netgalley, 2014

I originally read the Nikki and Michael series back in 2009 when I was still fairly new to the world of urban fantasy and paranormal romance. At the time, it was pretty obvious this was one of Keri Arthur’s first series as her Riley Jensen series was a lot stronger both in characters and world building. I liked Nikki and Michael enough, but neither really got to me as much as Riley and Quinn. Although, I did try to read this series without constantly comparing it to any of Keri’s other work.

When I first read the series, I really liked Nikki, but now that I’m a little more weathered in the urban fantasy genre, I realize that Nikki is not as strong as I tend to like my heroines. She’s not as spunky or sarcastic as I prefer and she’s a lot more naïve than you’d expect someone who lived on the streets. Overall, the book is fast-paced and slightly dark and the romance between Nikki and Michael is slow to build, but the tension is just right. I think anyone who loves vampire novels will like this. I thought it was pretty good and I was very interested in continuing to read the series.

Arc provided via Netgalley for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dancing with the Devil.