LuvGirl's Reviews > The Spymaster's Lady

The Spymaster's Lady by Joanna Bourne

Yup, the one time I decided to get a book from the library since I wasn’t sure if I would have liked it, it turns out to be a great read that I want to keep!

I’m definitely jumping on the ban wagon with everyone else for this book. It was excellent! When an author can keep a girl like me who doesn’t like her romance filled with intrigue clued to the pages of an espionage romance, you know she can write! The heroine was something to be reckoned with! She was actually more formidable than the hero! I loved her! The hero shined as well in his own way, just not as much as the heroine. He was so loving and protective towards the heroine that it touched the heart of my jaded romance reader soul. There is no wondering if the hero really loves the heroine in this book! I usually like my heroes a little more hard to get than Grey was, but how could I resist an alpha male that wore his heart on his sleeves. He told her he loved her for some time before the book ended and I kept on reading! If you know anything about me you know that I like the thrill of the chase when it comes to my heroes so for me to still be interested in the story after that tells a bunch.

This came very close to being a five star read for me, but it had a few minor problems that stopped it from being so. I hate it when authors messes around with the hero's looks. One minute you get the impression that the hero was very handsome and the next he isn't. I honestly wasn’t a hundred percent sure what he looked like. I knew he was attractive, but the statements on his looks were vague and frustrated me to no end. I’m sorry but I need to know! Especially since the heroine out shined him a little. He needed to have that extra something special. Another problem I had was the fact that this book had no epilogue! Things were not tied up properly enough for there to be no epilogue! I still felt like their life was still in danger, but yet no epilogue! All in all this was a very enjoyable read and I simply cannot wait for the Hawker’s story!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Spymaster's Lady.

05/02/2011 page 20
5.0% "This might be a quick judgement, but so far I'm bemoaning the fact that i borrowed this book from the library and not bought it for my kindle. I always do that- buy the crappy books and get the good ones from the library... ugh!"