Sunflower's Reviews > Max on Life: Answers and Insights to Your Most Important Questions

Max on Life by Max Lucado

"Max on Life" was a fun, topical based discussion, as Max Lucado shared letters he has received, with questions about our Heavenly Father and His Word. Broken up into seven sections:

* Hope
* Hurt
* Help
* Him/Her
* Home
* Haves/Have-Nots
* Hereafter

Max Lucado shares biblical based insights into most often asked questions, in a way that is clearly Max Lucado that we have all come to know and loved, but also questions that may have been nagging us in the back of our mind, and for some, maybe afraid to ask out loud or didn't think of asking, but has crossed our minds here and there.

What I enjoy, is not only just the "Lucadoism" that we have come to know, but practical and bite sized essays that helps provide quick answers, for many, who may have found themselves faced with questions such as:

* I spent several years of my life away from God. I became a Christian as a youngster, but when I was a teenager, I quit going to church and reading my bible. I stopped praying to God and obeying Him. During that time, was I saved?
* I'm a new Christian. Over the years I've developed a lot of bad habits. How do I get rid of them now?
* Does God lead us through feelings? When people say, "I sense God's guidance,' What are they describing?

These and many other questions and Max's insight into them, can be found in, "Max on Life"; Not meant to be an end all to everything, this is an inspiration, encouragement and often discovery of things, we may have never thought of contemplating before.

One can easily pick up Lucado's geniune warmth and desire to reach out to others who may have questions, that they are otherwise, either uncomfortable asking, never thought of asking, or just simply didn't know who they could ask and with, "Max on Life" with both a good break down by sections and by topic in the index, many hard hitting questions are approached with the same warmth and thoughtfullness that is Lucado's approachable signature.

There is honesty, heartfelt discussion, never a sense of being lectured or look down, but rather a sense of encouragement and understanding of our Father and His Word.

A good read for either new Christians, maturing or mature Christians and for those who may have had questions, that as a Christian, you either felt lost or intimidate, I highly recommend, "Max on Life".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Max on Life.