Wendy Darling's Reviews > The Giver

The Giver by Lois Lowry

Hey peeps, this is only 25 cents for Kindle today for the U.S.:

Looks like the promotion is over. But it's still under $5, which isn't bad at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Giver.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Synesthesia this is a great book.

Wendy Darling It really is...I need to re-read it again at some point!

message 3: by Experiment BL626 (last edited Mar 12, 2012 02:33PM) (new)

Experiment BL626 Thanks for the heads-up, Wendy. Do you ever plan to read the sequel?

message 4: by Cecilia (new)

Cecilia Gray thanks for letting us know! just sent a bunch of gift copies, too - what a great deal!

Laura (Kyahgirl) Hey this is in my TBR so i better go get it!! :-) thanks.

message 6: by Wendy Darling (last edited Mar 12, 2012 02:20PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wendy Darling Sure thing, everybody!

That's a good question, Experiment. I don't know, is it worth continuing? I was okay with how this one ended. I've never even looked at reviews for Gathering Blue and Messenger, I suppose I should.

Rebecca ♥ Aaron Warner, Magnus Damora ♥ I enjoyed the series as a whole. I dont know about everyone else, but I liked Messenger better than Gathering Blue.

message 8: by Alyssa (new) - added it

Alyssa thanks for the heads up, I just bought it.

Cory Omigod, yes! Thanks, Wendy!

message 10: by Wendy Darling (last edited Mar 12, 2012 02:26PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wendy Darling Rebecca, the fourth one isn't even out yet, right? Is there a cliffie at the end of book three, or should I wait until the last one is released?

And you're welcome, Alyssa & Cory!

Angela Woah, there's a sequel? Need to check that out.

Rebecca ♥ Aaron Warner, Magnus Damora ♥ Wendy Darling wrote: "Rebecca, the fourth one isn't even out yet, right? Is there a cliffie at the end of book three, or should I wait until the last one is released?

And you're welcome, Alyssa & Cory!"

I did not know there was a fourth. I thought it was tied up pretty well at the end of Messenger.

Wendy Darling Hah hah, don't you love how information spreads here Angela? I don't know what I would do without GoodReads. :)

That's good to know about Messenger, Rebecca--I might go ahead and read the next two, then. I've seen this series described as a quartet, though I can't find info on the fourth book.

Wendy Darling Never mind, here it is. Book four is Son and will be out October 2012!

Rebecca ♥ Aaron Warner, Magnus Damora ♥ Yeah, I just looked it up and found it after you mentioned it. I think when I last visited The Giver on GR it still said (The Giver #1) instead of (The Giver Quartet #1).

Lorena Thank you for the heads up! You've always got your finger on the pulse of Kindle awesomeness. And a sequel? Woohoo~

message 17: by Andi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Andi Thanks so much for the tip! I've been dying to read this one!

Wendy Darling You're welcome, Lorena and Andi! It's such a great deal, I hope a lot of people are able to take advantage of it.

message 19: by Heaven (new)

Heaven thank you

message 20: by Dani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dani Oh my, one of the best books of all time in my opinion. In relatively few pages, it managed to pull at ALL of my emotions. So few books can manage to do that.

message 21: by Dani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dani I have read Gathering Blue and The Messenger, neither one come close. The Messenger was better than Gathering Blue, IMO. I am eagerly awaiting book 4.

message 22: by Fiona (new)

Fiona Buying this right now! Thanks.

message 23: by Sesana (new)

Sesana I actually really liked Gathering Blue, but that was mostly because of all the fiber arts. I was completely fascinated.

Tricia Thanks for the heads-up! I keep trying to check this out for my kindle from our library system. I dutifully waited my turn twice, and didn't manage to get it onto the K either time it became available. Spending 25c is well worth it at this point!

Tricia Although dang, it's telling me $4.70. I guess I'll try again via the library, because I'm too cheap to spend that much on books I can borrow...

message 26: by Tara (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tara Thanks for the heads up, Wendy!

Wendy Darling You're very welcome, everybody--I'm glad that a lot of you seemed to have been able to take advantage of the deal.

I'm so sorry, Tricia, I guess they took the offer down by the time you clicked on it. I think sometimes they do that when they've reached a certain amount :(

Thanks for the feedback on the sequels, Dani and Sesana! I will have to reread this one and go forth with the next two soon. It's not too much longer to wait for the final book.

message 28: by Dani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dani Wendy Darling wrote: "Never mind, here it is. Book four is Son and will be out October 2012!"

Oh, it finally has a title!