Norma's Reviews > Chasing Fire

1913550
Apr 21, 11

bookshelves: audio, read-2011, romantic-suspense
Read from April 15 to 21, 2011

I have to say I loved this one. I wouldn't recommend the audio, but when I switched over to paper, I flew through it. This is Nora Roberts romanctic suspense of old. As is habit with NR, there was a little too much detail and a little too much time spent on fighting fires, jumping out of planes, organizing equipment--time that could have been cut out or spent on the story. But anyone who's read an NR book expects that I suppose.

I loved the lead characters. Rowan Tripp is smart, tough, witty and female. She somewhat reminded me of the heroine from Blue Smoke or even High Noon. Gull Curry reminded me of Cam from Sea Swept, Cal from The Hollow and a little of Cade from Carolina Moon. He's strong, sexy, confident and totally comfortable in his own skin.

The story moved at a quick pace, and while I had no trouble figuring out the "whodunnit" I loved the ride just the same. THese are the kind of characters NR is strongest with and, in my opinion, the kind of story she rocks.

There's a side romance invovling Ro's dad and that was fun to read as well.

Highly recommended for Nora Roberts fans.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Fire.

04/15/2011 "I've gotten through disc one of this and so far it's an interesting story. As always, Roberts has done her research. The narrator though, is a little dull. Makes it hard to stay in the story."
04/19/2011 "A little too much story going on, but it's keeping me entertained. Great heroine! Spunky, witty, tough. Love NR heroines."
04/21/2011 "audio was a little slow going so I switched over to paper (good thing I put both on hold at the library). Much faster going now."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lynsey A Nice review, Norma. Good to know that it is a good story. I should get this soon from the library, I hope.

Norma Thanks. I really liked it. Its better than her last few. Looking forward to hearing what you think.

Lynsey A Glad it is better than her last few. I have enjoyed those as well as others. I loved High Noon.

Carrie High Noon is a favorite of mine, so i look forward to this. Thanks for the heads up about the audio version. I'm not easy to please when it comes to narrators, so I'll stick to the print version.

Norma Carrie, I don't know how the story compares to high noon ( I really need to re-read that one) but Rowan is a tough yet feminine heroine. She reminded me of NR's stronger heroines. I think you'll like this one.

Carrie Sound good! Thanks, Norma.

message 7: by Jane (new)

Jane Stewart Great review Norma.