Carolann's Reviews > Roses

5272094
Nov 04, 14

bookshelves: reviewed-her-literary-salon
Read in January, 2011

‘If I should ever offend you, I will send a red rose to ask forgiveness. And if ever I receive one tendered for that purpose, I will return a white rose to say that all is forgiven.’

This book starts at the end of the story and thus, the end of the disastrous love affair between Mary Tolliver and Percy Warwick. {I am not ruining anything, you learn that right as you open the book} Therefore, I knew as I was being taken through Mary’s and Percy’s flashbacks, that this part of the story was not going to end happy. Nonetheless, I found myself wishing and hoping that maybe this time, just maybe, Mary would make the ‘right’ decision.

Right? Hum, what is the right decision? I guess because I could relate to this story on a personal level — having married my high-school sweetheart — I feel ‘right’ would have been to live forever in love with Percy. They were soulmates. And they allowed other circumstances to keep them apart. It was the saddest, most aggravating, gut-wrenching book. It drove me insane ... Read More Here.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Roses.