Nicholas Beck's Reviews > The Dead Town

The Dead Town by Dean Koontz

Jun 01, 11

bookshelves: koontz
Read from May 24 to 31, 2011 — I own a copy

Without a doubt in my mind, this was the best of the series, simply with the way the entire series in wrapped up very "efficiently" by Koontz. The four hundred pages zoom by in anticipation of the climactic conclusion. So much could be said about this book, and the characters which are brought to life throughout; Carson and Michael are determined former detectives who always are putting other people's needs in front of their own, since they recognize the humanity in everyone; Nummy and Mr. Lyss are an odd couple being close to exact opposites, but somehow also, they work incredibly well together; Erika and Jocko, Erika appears to have broken the spell and moved on with her life, while Jocko is still Jocko, he is such a funny and uplifting character; Victor is as evil as ever, while Deucalion is the epitome of a fearless and selfless hero fighting for the ultimate good. These are only some of the special characters created within the pages of this novel, while there are many others who are just as memorable and are determined to fight against the unnatural onslaught of created monsters surfacing from Victor's lair.

Dean Koontz started this series years ago, and this was one of the first books I read by the author; this was the series which particularly caught my eye and mind. From there spawned a love of literature, which in truth had always been dwelling under the surface. So, when I started reading I was worried the story wouldn't live up to my ridiculously high expectations. I was proved wrong though by Dean, with the story ending better than I could have ever imagined. At times, unbelievably funny; always with a solid feeling of suspense and horror; and sections of exceptionally emotional content, this novel was firmly solidified as one of my favorites by Dean Koontz.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead Town.

Quotes Nicholas Liked

Dean Koontz
“Love was everyone's to experience if they opened their hearts, but true love was a rare and sterling thing, damn if it wasn't, a sterling thing that required the intervention of destiny: two hearts fated to be as one, finding each other among the billions of the world. True love, by God, was the Excalibur of emotions, and if you recognized it when you saw it, if you drew that noble, shining blade from the stone, your life would be a grand adventure even if you lived it entirely in one small town.”
Dean Koontz, The Dead Town

Dean Koontz
“Another plum, another plum, another plum for me! Jocko shakes the cyber tree! Ah ha-ha-ha, Ah ha-ha-ha!”
Dean Koontz, The Dead Town