Ian Wood's Reviews > Full Moon

Full Moon by P.G. Wodehouse

Feb 24, 08

bookshelves: p-g-wodehouse
Read in February, 2008

‘Full Moon’ is a Wodehouse novel set at his own Garden of Eden, Blandings Castle. We last entered Blandings with ‘Uncle Fred in the Springtime’ and although Uncle Fred is not present his understudy The Honourable Galahad is in residence along with The Honourable Freddie whom is amiably if not ably assisting him in bringing to a happy conclusion the courtship of his cousins Prudence and Veronica to Bill ‘Blister’ Lister and Tipton Plimsoll respectively.

As ever complications come in the way of Lord Emsworth’s inability to grasp or remember anything which is further mixed up by Blisters appearance under not one but three assumed names. The difficulties mount until Wodehouse and Gally pull the hug out from under them with there usual deft touch.

As well as true love the winners here are the reader with priceless prose and dialogue such as an interview between Gally and Lady Hermione on the first arrival of Blister, ‘Is he wanted by the Police?’, ‘No, he is not wanted by the Police.’, ‘How I sympathize with the Police, I know just how they feel’.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Full Moon.