Dyllan, The Brazuca Ekaterina's Reviews > Hawk's Landing

Hawk's Landing by Carol Lynne

Jun 21, 11

bookshelves: back-invasion, erotica, he-is-so-hot, i-want-that-cover, reviewed, taboo
Recommended to Dyllan, The Brazuca Ekaterina by: Raquel_romances
Read from June 18 to 21, 2011

This is more for a 2.5
I'm kinda disappointed with Hawk's Landing. This had such a good premise. It's too bad it didn't reached my expectations.

Hawk's in Cattle Valley to get to know his kid, Joey. What he doesn't expect, is to find Kit, a transsexual woman, whom stoles his heart.

Okay, until here is okay. Hawk is hot. (Look at the cover, and you'll know what I'm talking about). Kit is interested however, uncertain.

As the book goes by, their relationship grows. They have a lot of monkey sex, he sees his kid (what, twice?) and that's just it, til they go to Malibu.

What I didn't liked (besides the lack of action) was:

First: Hawk went to meet his kid. The boy appeared 4 times in the whole book, I guess. I would have liked more interaction between them.

Second: Kit's self depreciation and low self-esteem. Everything that happens with people around you is your fault? Please...

Third: The lack of action. This was just so steady. Slow. Like a sea without waves. Bring on the action!!

To finish, I want to say. This isn't a BAD book, but IMO wasn't GREAT!. Many people will love. I just couldn't.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hawk's Landing.