Acheron's Reviews > Light

Light by Michael  Grant

3194138
Apr 23, 13

bookshelves: dystopia

I really like this series, Gone was one of the first books that I decided to read many moons ago, and from the on I haven’t been able to just... dislike it. I quite regularly end up hating every character in a book for some reason or other, but with this series I find that I like even Drake! He’s a fucking psychopath with an odd hate for women but still, he’s cool. My point is, I like the fact that this book (in my own misguided opinion) represents the decline in civilisation and how anyone can become savage when put under the right conditions. I like the fact that they’re struck in this bubble with no adults. I like the fact that they can’t figure out how to get out.

Providing them with the answer, and intern providing us readers with the answer, is not okay. I’ve felt like this with other series (*cough* James Dashner *cough*) and maybe I’m just a sucker for an unsolvable problem but if once it’s been solved everything else becomes bland and boring. So, I hope that the kids stay in the bubble. I hope that their parents find out that they’re all far far far away from the kids they used to know and they DON’T (view spoiler).

On a much lighter note (no pun intended) I can’t wait until the UK is revealed. Really, I hope that its either green or white because if its green I have the whole rainbow. And if it’s white it represents the whole light concept.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Light.