Koorihime-sama's Reviews > Dear Vampa

Dear Vampa by Ross Collins

Apr 14, 2011

bookshelves: checked-out-from-library, hardcover
Read in April, 2011

CHECKED OUT THE BOOK FROM MY PUBLIC LIBRARY.

APART OF THE GOODREADS 2011 READING CHALLENGE.

Review/Rating:

4 out of 5

Ease of Reading Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Plot: 5 out of 5

It’s hard to find good neighbors. Though, when the Pires get the Wolfsons as new neighbors, they discover they are as different as day and night. They think the Wolfsons have strange rituals — staying up all day, liking sunshine, and other non-nocturnal activities. What does this Vampire family do in response to this new neighbor problem?

Who doesn’t have problems with new neighbors or neighbors in general? This book puts a new twist and outlook on neighbor problems by using vampires and what appears to be humans. Though, you will find out later that these humans are more than they appear to be. ;) The plot might seem very simple, but it really is very cute and a little bit funny — it actually made me smile a couple of times.

You can also see/read the text pretty easily, but it gets a little bit hard to see/read when it is against a black background with little white lines on the black. And the type of font they used for the book matches the vampire/supernatural theme of the book very well, which I liked a lot. However, I just wish they made the font a little bigger or made it in bold to make it even more easier to see/read. The illustrations of the book are also very well done and cute.

Overall, I like the book very much, except the font could have used a little work. However, it is still a good read despite that, and I like the twist and supernatural use of the classic neighbor problem since it made the story a lot cuter than if it was just ordinary people. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear Vampa.