Pam's Reviews > What Scotland Taught Me

What Scotland Taught Me by Molly Ringle

May 03, 11

I own a copy

This was a book that I looked forward to reading at the end of each day. I found myself reading "just a little longer" past my bedtime, as the story was engaging and fun. The teenage drama is realistic, and the key characters are vividly drawn. I wished for a little more imagery of Scotland, but that's my own bias toward travel! The twists and turns of the tale intrigued, and the thoughts on cheating and relationships gave me something to chew on. Is history destined to repeat itself, or is there hope for those of us who make mistakes? For the sake of the main character in the book (whom I felt I came to know well), I hope there's hope. Forgiveness and compassion are at the heart of this story that explores the idea that all relationships - whether romantic or friendships - go through challenges, ebbing and flowing over time. The story rang true to lessons learned at that age, just out of high school, when suddenly young adults face the realization that actions have consequences, and they are fully responsible for their own lives.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Scotland Taught Me.