Valerie's Reviews > Sea Swept

Sea Swept by Nora Roberts

My first book by Nora Roberts was "Vision in White". I actually read the entire series (Bride Quartet) since I bought the 4 books at the same time. I liked it but there was something lacking, something that didn't capture me as other stories do.
I was even reluctant to read Nora Roberts again but she has so many books and she's considered one of the best romance authors, so how could I not give her books another try?
I looked through her series and found the Chesapeake Bay Saga. The summary of Sea Swept (first book) draw me in and I knew I had to read it.
I'm so glad I did.

Each character is interesting. I felt myself liking all the Quinn brothers, though I have to admit I loved Cameron. And the heroine? Wow! It's been a long time since I liked the heroine as much as the hero. Lately it's happened to me that I liked the hero more, but in this case I absolutely loved them both.
Anna knows how to hold her ground, how to stand up to people. She was the perfect match for Cameron who like her knows how to hold his ground.
It was amazing seeing them falling in love. They are perfect for each other. I can't wait to read the following books in the saga to know more about them, and also to know more about the rest of the Quinn brothers.
Their brotherhood was actually my favorite part in the story, more than the romance between Cameron and Anna (and I absolutely loved those two).

God, I feel like I wrote a lot, haha. All that's left to say is that I highly recommend this book to those romance readers who are not only looking for a story about two people falling in love, but also about the importance of family.
10 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sea Swept.

Quotes Valerie Liked

Nora Roberts
“He'd done as he'd pleased and even had often enjoyed long runs of luck where he hadn't been caught. But the luckiest moment of his life had been being caught.”

Nora Roberts
“She stared at him. "You'd be willing to change your life so dramatically?"
"Ray and Stella Quinn changed my life.”

Nora Roberts
“The kid's driving me bat-shit," Cam complained as he stalked into the kitchen. "You can't say boo to him without him squaring up for a fight."
"Mm-hmm."
"Argumentative, smart-mouthed, troublemaker."
"Must be like looking in a mirror."
"Like hell."
"Don't know what I was thinking of. You're such a peaceable soul.”

Nora Roberts
“You mess with one Quinn, you mess with them all.”

Nora Roberts
“You did that on purpose."
"Did what on purpose?"
"Wore the don't-touch suit and the sex goddess perfume at the same time just to drive me crazy."
"Listen to the suit, Quinn. Dream about the perfume.”

Nora Roberts
“You said you survived, Anna, but you didn't. You triumphed. Everything about you is a testament to courage and strength."
When she stared at him, obviously stunned, he smiled a little. "You didn't get either from a social worker or a counselor. They just helped you figure out how to use it. I figure you got it from your mother. She must have been a hell of a woman."
"She was," Anna murmured, near tears again.
"So are you.”

Nora Roberts
“Cut it out!" Phillip exploded. "Cut it out right now or I swear I'm going to pull over and knock your heads together. Oh, my God." He took one hand off the wheel to drag it down his face. "I sound like Mom. Forget it. Just forget it. Kill each other. I'll dump the bodies in the mall parking lot and drive to Mexico. I'll learn how to weave mats and sell them on the beach at Cozumel. I'll be quiet, it'll be peaceful. I'll change my name to Raoul, and no one will know I was ever related to a bunch of fools."
Seth scratched his belly and turned to Cam. "Does he always talk like that?"
"Yeah, mostly. Sometimes he's going to be Pierre and live in a garret in Paris, but it's the same thing."
"Weird," was Seth's only comment. (...) Getting new shows was turning into a new adventure.”

Nora Roberts
“I can't say I cared much for you when I first came back. There's that crappy attitude of yours, and you're ugly, but you kind of grow on a guy."
Immensely cheered, Seth snickered. "You're uglier."
"I'm bigger, I'm entitled. So I guess I'll hang around to see if you get any prettier as time goes on."
"I didn't really want you to go," Seth said under his breath after a long moment. It was the closest he could get to speaking his heart.
"I know.”

“Please let me go."
"Anna." He lowered his brow to hers. "Don't ask me to do that, because I don't think I can live without you. Take a chance, roll the dice. Come with me.”

Nora Roberts
“The outward appearance would never indicate they were brothers. (...) But she could see that at the moment they were as united as triplets in the womb.”

Nora Roberts
“Education's supposed to be more than learning--leastways that's how we were taught. It's supposed to help build your character and help teach you how to get on in the world. If it tells you that you get booted for doing what you had to do, for standing up for yourself, then something's wrong with the system.”

Nora Roberts
“She hoped the Quinns would allow her a few moments alone with Seth, so she could judge for herself, without influence, how he was feeling.
She hoped she could steal a few moments alone with Cam, so she could judge for herself how she was feeling.”

Nora Roberts
“I've got something for you inside me, Anna." He forgot his hands were grimy and laid them on her shoulders. "I haven't used it up yet. This thing with you, it's one of the first times I haven't wanted to rush to the finish line.”

Nora Roberts
“I'm wanting the hell out of you. Day and night."
Her voice was throaty now, dark with need. "I guess that makes it handy, since I want the hell out of you too."
"It doesn't scare you?"
"Nothing about you and me scares me."
"And what if I said I want you to let me do anything I want to you? Everything?"
Her heart fluttered to her throat, but her eyes stayed steady. "I'd say who's stopping you?”

Charlotte I LOVE THE QUINNS