Steph Sinclair's Reviews > Camille

Camille by Tess Oliver

Apr 27, 11

bookshelves: i-own-it, 2011-reads, i-liked-it, ebook, short-and-sweet, werewolves, young-adult
Read from April 16 to 27, 2011

If I had to describe this book in one word it would simply be: sweet. I was a little skeptical that this book could draw me in and keep me there in such few pages. But I am happy I gave it a chance.

Camille is the story of a young girl living in England who hunts werewolves alongside Dr. Bennett, her guardian. Together they hunt beasts by night, but desperately continue to search for a cure by day. This endeavor becomes even more important when Camille and Dr. Bennett encounter Nathaniel Strider, whom Camille falls deeply in love with.

I really love Camille. She is a very strong heroine who is not afraid to speak her mind or go after what she wants, despite momentary lapses in courage. She, at first, is hesitant to attempt to bring Strider into their home as a test subject to further their cause. She knows in the end they would have to destroy him with a silver bullet and knowing their prey personally would only fully complicate matters. However, she agrees. But what she did not expect to find was not only a fragile friendships, but also a love story, inching it's way to a tragic end as it creeps closer to a full moon. Don't be fooled by the length of the story. It is a tale of self discovery and fighting for love even though you know in the end all that will remain is a broken heart. I was pleased with the ending and it left me with a satisfied smile.

I chose to give Camille 3 stars because I do wish it could have been longer. Perhaps the YA world has me accustomed to longer novels. But I find, the longer I am in the character's world, the easier it is for me to connect with them.

All-in-all, it was a very satisfying, enjoyable read. :)

More reviews and more at Cuddlebuggery Book Blog.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Camille.

04/21/2011
04/26/2011
59.0% "Whoa! I wasn't expecting that plot twist. Nice!"
show 3 hidden updates…