Diana~'s Reviews > Always a Temptress

Always a Temptress by Eileen Dreyer

Jan 16, 12

bookshelves: historical-romance, author-eileen-dreyer, amazon-kindle, arc-galley, mystery, 2012-reads, regency-romance
Read from November 27, 2011 to January 14, 2012

When I first started reading Always a Temptress, I wasn't exactly sure how I felt about it. Just that I was really angry at both Kate and Harry. Especially Harry! Just because Kate apparently "betrayed" him when they were younger, he finds fault in her at everything she does. It's the usual misunderstanding where Kate believes that Harry betrayed her and he believes that she betrayed him. But the most surprising aspect of this book in the beginning was of Kate's dark secret... about her marriage to the Duke of Murther. Previously in Never a Gentleman, we knew the relationship between Kate and Harry was a special one. They hated each other, but why?

Ten years ago, Kate and Harry were the best of friends. Well, they were actually more than friends. They were both in love with one another. But because of their social status: Kate, a Duke's daughter, and Harry, the second son of a squire, Harry believed that his dream of marrying her was too high of a dream. Apparently right after, his love for Kate ended due to some unknown reason to the readers and Harry left to go to war. (view spoiler) Ugh. Harry why are you so stupid? Another thing that frustated me was the fact that Harry took way too long to redeem himself for Kate. In my opinion, I think Kate should have gotten someone who was much more worthy of her. Oh well!

In the end, through the twists and turns of their relationship, everything fell right into place. I liked Always a Temptress, but sadly it was not my favorite book from the Drake's Rakes series. Thank you to NetGalley and Grand Central Publishing for giving me permission to read this ARC!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always a Temptress.

01/14/2012
21.0% "To be honest, at this point in time, I pretty much dislike both Harry and Kate!"
01/14/2012
50.0% "Harry is totally not worthy of Kate..."