Angela James's Reviews > Something Secret This Way Comes

Something Secret This Way Comes by Sierra Dean

May 13, 11

bookshelves: 2011, digital-first, urban-fantasy
Read in December, 2011

Enjoyed this debut book, though I agree with the review here from Ms.bookjunkie that says this installment feels much like the first chapter of a book. I understood the sentiment behind that review, because this definitely felt like the setup book. I'm also a bit nervous about the possibility of 3 love interests. I'm not a fan of multiple love interests in urban fantasy as a trope. It's starting to feel overdone. However, if the author intends to take this to the erotic side of things and have multiple love interests because we're going to get a menage or more, that would be different than trying to decide between 3 guys, which is a bit overdone in today's urban fantasy and paranormal market. We can all blame Anita Blake for that ;)

But overall, I thought the author's voice showed great promise, the heroine was likable and interesting, and the developing storyline seems to be shaping up to be quite intriguing. I'll happily read the next book in the series (and have already asked for it) and will look forward to seeing the author's craft grow!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Secret This Way Comes.