Beccalarge's Reviews > Magic Hour

Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah

U 50x66
Apr 14, 11

Read in April, 2011

Ok, I am sure it seems that I am a little obsessed with Kristin Hannah lately, but it is actually my mom who is obsessed! She keeps buying and reading Hannah novels and them passes them to me when she is done. To be honest, I was growing really tired of Hannah. I almost passed on this book, thinking that I needed a break from these types of novels, especially since I did not love the last couple I have read. However, I loved this book. It is very different, and not just from other Hannah novel's, but from any book I have read.

It is about a young girl who has been living in the woods for years. She cannot speak and acts like an animal. She wanders into a small Washington town one day and into the life of a famous (although recently ruined) child psychiatrist. It is a touching story of love and sacrifice that held my interest the entire time. It wasn't until the very end that the mystery surrounding the "wolf girl" is finally brought to light.

Four starts might be a little generous; this novel contains all of the "Life time movie" feel that Hannah's last few books have held for me, complete with a cheesy happy ending and some sappy romance lines. However, it was interesting and a great fast read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Hour.