Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)'s Reviews > Summer's Crossing

Summer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa

My review can now also be found on Reading Lark: http://readinglark.blogspot.com/2012/...

I cleared my calendar so that I could devour Summer's Crossing the moment it was released!! This little e-novella was a fun little read that, as we were warned, would be told from Puck's perspective, and would involve a great deal of shenanigans brought to you by who else but Puck!

The following will be just a little spoilery...

At the end of The Iron Queen, Ash vowed that he would find a way to be with Meghan again... and Puck decided to go along for the ride. Their first order of business was to find "a certain cat" (Grimalkin). But before the guys embark on their journey, Leanansidhe has a little detour planned for them first. Ash had previously bargained a favour with the exiled queen, and she has decided to cash it in now. The favour involves going into the Summer Court, which the winter prince cannot do without Puck's help, to retrieve something that Titania stole from Leanansidhe.

Woven into this witty little side-story is the fact that Puck has not totally checked his feelings for Meghan at the door. Deep down -- even though he knows Ash makes her happiest -- what he wouldn't give to be in Ash's place, or better yet, maybe have Ash totally out of the picture. Being tempted to do just that is the heart of the story. Can their contentious friendship survive this? Will Puck do the right thing?

Summer's Crossing served to pacify me just a bit for the bigger event, The Iron Knight, which came out last October. It was fun getting into Puck's head... getting a glimpse of what his true feelings are behind his silly antics. Ash remains quite solemn, but I think he secretly likes the company, however annoying said company is. I will always have a soft spot for Robin Goodfellow, but I am still totally devoted to Ash.

Originally read: June 1, 2011
Listened to via audiobook: September 2013

The audiobook narrator had a great voice as Puck! Ash as well, although maybe a little too serene for my liking. Whenever he voiced the females of this story...I had to laugh. Regardless...he did the best he could and it was great revisiting this story again.
3 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer's Crossing.

09/22/2013 marked as: currently-reading
09/25/2013 marked as: read

Jen at Reading Lark I can't find this to DL for the life of me!! Where did you get it from? MUST HAVE IT!!!

Jen at Reading Lark Never mind... I found it... took me ages to find it from a place I could actually download it! Stupid shiny UKness.

Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom) lol! Sorry I couldn't help you and save you the trouble, Jen! But I'm glad you found it!!! :) Let me know what you think!! :)

Jen at Reading Lark Must finish the Clash of Kings (Game of Thrones #2) first... then I have a date with a Prince. <3

Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom) Oh... you are brave to read those books... I'm having a hard enough time just following the show!! lol! Enjoy your date with THE Prince... although I have to insist you return him after you're done! lol! ;)

Jen at Reading Lark Return him... to my drawer? ;)

The GoT books are good, but an investment of time for sure.