Mrs. Missive's Reviews > Shadow Bound

Shadow Bound by Erin Kellison

Apr 23, 11

bookshelves: read-2011
Read from April 15 to 23, 2011

I don't think I was in the right mood for this book. This is what I assume will be the start of an epic tale. Think "one person is the key to the world's salvation" type read.

The premise was very interesting and unique. This chick is basically Death's daughter, and is trying to fit into the real world while discovering her heritage.

The story moved along fast. Lots of action, lots of gore too. (Which was awesome!) This was a good start to an UF series. We get a big cast of characters, alive, dead, undead, and otherworldly.

I don't think I can go into a whole lot of details without giving away key parts of the story, but our heroine learns to kick much ass, in spite of her over-protective warden...er boyfriend. ;p

The romance of this story took a backseat to the action for me. Had I been more in the mood for an UF/Thriller vs. a PNR, I think I would have been all over this book. I will keep this author on the back burner until I get that epic tale UF itch.

3.5 stars. Great premise, tale felt a little linear and the romance felt like somewhat of a side-story vs. the main point, but I am definitely intrigued enough to keep going with the series as time permits.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Bound.