Sarah Marie's Reviews > A Girl's Guide to Vampires

A Girl's Guide to Vampires by Katie MacAlister

Apr 14, 11

I actually wanted to read the sequel "sex and the single vampire" first because I'd heard it was really good, but since they were both in the library I figured I'd read the first one, "a girls guide to vampires" first, just for something to do.

Like most reviewers I found most of the characters in this book extremely annoying. Joy seemed to be trying to be a strong independent woman asserting herself, but she came across whiny, paranoid, nosy and incredibly selfish. But most of all, apart from all her profound character flaws, I could not understand why she didn't love Christian!?!
1. He is a vampire
2. He is a vampire romance author ie. He is intelligent creative and a romantic.
3. HE OWNS A CASTLE
4. He loves her.

What is wrong with her?

Anyway, I also hated Raphael, I don't mind a little alpha male attitudes, but he was just boorish, and I hated how he refused to tell joy his secret ( big spoiler here but even in this book she still doesn't get to know his biggest secret, he's a were-lion, no wonder he didn't get along with Christian).

All in all the whole plot was really wacky and mad and a bit unbelievable. Everything was all over the place. It took a lot of effort to keep reading fill the very end.

I'm looking forward to the second book because i know Christian finally finds his beloved and since he was probably my favourite character of this book, I think the next book will be so much better.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Girl's Guide to Vampires.