Michelle B's Reviews > No Souvenirs

No Souvenirs by K.A. Mitchell

Apr 14, 11

Read in April, 2011

Actually, this book is a more even story than Collision Course (book #2) with more realistic characters and a plot that may be a little more fantasy, but is still enjoyable.

MILD SPOILERS

The recurring theme centers around Dr. Kim and Shane--they are always turning the tables on one another. It begins with a game of one-up-manship, and escalates from there. It takes awhile to understand why Kim and Shane would be attracted to one another, but the reasons behind the at first physical draw (as always) morph into more.

The missing element was the confrontation with Kim's parents. I read the last third of the book with an ear tuned for the knock at the door, but it never came. I could see a follow-up with some of their scenes resolved.

As in Book #2 (which seemed to add more chapters after the story arc was completed) the ending for this book seemed a little 'off'--ending too abruptly with the story unfinished.

But these are very minor points to an admittedly much better story than Collision Course. And it was fun to see Joey and Aaron again, and receive an update on their lives. I thought Shane & Joey's interactions were unsatisfactory, but did not distract at all from the story.

It's nice to see some closed-off, miserable characters redeem themselves = always a win.

Definitely a good read, and hoping the Author continues this series with another book,and perhaps a series wrap where we see all the characters interact.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Souvenirs.