Rachel Brand's Reviews > She Went All the Way

She Went All the Way by Meg Cabot

Feb 22, 08

bookshelves: 2006, chick-lit, meg-cabot
Recommended for: people looking for a quick, easy, fluffy read
Read in January, 2006

** spoiler alert ** The usual chick-flicky romance that you can pick up on any "General Fiction" rack in the library.

Boy and girl end up in a disastrous situation which causes them to fall in love, despite the fact that they hated each other beforehand. Then they magically find a cabin in the middle of a deserted mountain-landscape where people are chasing them and trying to kill them - and have sex.

Yeah. Morality and reality went right out the window in this one.

But she still manages to put a pop-culture reference into every five pages, or less. And considering that I do not have time to watch the same amount of films as Meg Cabot, I don't understand what's going on when one of the characters remarked "Haven't you seen XYZ? Just do what LMN does!" or "She was acting like ABC from GHI just before OPQ happened." Really, couldn't Cabot be creative and just describe things in her own words, without having to relate them to a film? Granted, the main characters were involved in the film industry, but I think that was just her excuse for putting pop culture references.

Very soon, this book is going to be outdated.

Overall, it was a quick, easy, fluffy read but not one that I will feel the need to read again. Take my advice and pick it up from the library, or a second-hand bookshop.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read She Went All the Way.