Audrey's Reviews > Undecorate: The No-Rules Approach to Interior Design

Undecorate by Christiane Lemieux

Apr 14, 11

bookshelves: home-decor, nonfiction
Read in April, 2011

Lemieux has gathered a collection of beautiful homes for this book, and I found most of them to be accessible and not unrealistically styled (although there were a couple of exceptions) as is usually the case with interior design books. I was obviously drawn to the homes of families with children, particularly those where it was evident that they *LIVED* in their homes -- that's not always evident in some of the houses you frequently see on design blogs or in shelter mags. For me, the standout houses were Genifer Goodman Sohr's Nashville log cabin, Kim Ficaro's Brooklyn apartment, Christina Sacalis's New Jersey home, and Harriet Maxwell McDonald's beach cottage. The text is well-written, and I took away several good reminders from Lemieux's "undecorated" vision.
*Note: It did get to where I was playing "spot the Dwell bedding in each house" as I browsed. Lemieux's line was featured in almost every home in the book and become a little obtrusive toward the end, particularly since several homes featured the same linens on their master beds quite close together, making it much more obvious.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undecorate.