Parka's Reviews > Looney Tunes Treasury: Includes Amazing Interactive Treasures from the Warner Bros. Vault!

Looney Tunes Treasury by Andrew Farago

Dec 04, 2012

bookshelves: animation, art-books
Read in March, 2011

(More pictures at parkablogs.com)

This book is a great tribute to the some of the most classic animation characters ever created - the Looney Tunes gang - from Bugs Bunny to Marvin the Martian. It brings back good memories of watching these cartoons back in the past. Although I can't remember exact stories, I still can remember the crazy antics of the characters.

The author Andrew Farago, curator of the Cartoon Art Museum in San Francisco, has done a great job in putting this treasury together.

The book is filled with art, animation stills, and funny autobiographies written by the Looney Tunes characters themselves. You can read in their own words about their rise to fame, the jealousy among cartoon co-characters, and other hilarious jokes. I still get a chuckle out of seeing Tweety in Sylvester's sandwich, knowing seconds later Tweety would somehow escape.

Also included are some mementos like postcards, sticker book, Porky Pig mini-comic, a Tasmanian Devil mask and other cool stuff.

This book is a blast from the past. Recommended for fans of classic animation.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Looney Tunes Treasury.