Lisa Kay's Reviews > Pleasure Unbound

Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione

Four solid stars. A fast-paced, enjoyable read with some great one-liners. I work in the medical field, so it was nice to read a paranormal book about an underground hospital run by a demon that still managed to reflect the author’s accurate medical knowledge. I enjoyed her sense of humor also.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pleasure Unbound.

05/15/2011
15.0% "Reading as a "buddy read". Just started."
05/15/2011
15.0% "Enjoying it a lot. Pretty funny in parts, with an economy of words."
05/17/2011
41.0% "One item there, two missing from Eidolon and Tayla’s wrestling match. [image error]" 6 comments
05/20/2011
73.0% 2 comments
show 7 hidden updates…

Nisha I just finished this series. It's really good.

Lisa Kay It is pretty funny, Nisha! I hope the whole series is as good as this first book.

Nisha That I can attest to. It only gets better.

Lupdilup Duffy Is that hot or what????

Nisha yay, I'm glad you liked it.

Lisa Kay I did, Nisha!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Did you have trouble, like I did, keeping the demon races straight, or pronouncing the words? I loved the premise and stuff, but as the series wore on, I started struggling trying to keep them all straight.

Nisha UM - you should try listening to the audiobook. It's amazing. If I didn't listen, I would have screwed up Eidolon's name.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Nisha wrote: "UM - you should try listening to the audiobook. It's amazing. If I didn't listen, I would have screwed up Eidolon's name."

That's a good idea, though I've finished the series. Maybe if I'm ever in the mood for a re-read I'll do that.

Lisa Kay Dhes, I did have trouble with all the different types of demons; however, I did this as a buddy read and studied the glossary b/f the start (pulled my hair a bit, too, LOL!). I also had this on Kindle, so I could do a quick search for any type of (or mention of) demon, if I had a question. Plus, the other people reading had them pretty straight too. (Yes! Peer Pressure!)

Eidolon is an actual word, so I went to the dictionary web site and clicked on the little tiny icon of a stereo for the pronunciation.

Definition: eidolon
1) an idealized person or thing. 2) a specter or phantom

Nisha That's smart, Lisa. I'm often too lazy, but i should do that.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I'm glad to know I wasn't alone, Lisa Kay. I only reviewed the first three books, but I think I mentioned that in each one. It really distracted me from the story because I'm really anal that way.

Lisa Kay UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Aegis is a real word too, and as I was reading I discovered that Aegis and Eidolon were the few words I pronounced correctly on my own. LOL"

Well, I had to look Aegis up and hear the pronunciation on that one too. It is just not a word I use in my daily vernacular; nor does anyone I know. Maybe I need to hang out with different people. ...Nah!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Naw, I've heard it on TV before, that's how I knew.

Nisha Same here. I knew 'Aegis' because of some tv reference.

Lisa Kay Ahhh...so, I need to watch more TV. Maybe CNN when they talk about the United Nations?